People's Choice Awards Red Carpet Trend Forecast & Giveaway | Beauty United
January 8, 2014 • Beauty United, CoverGirl, Gillette, Hair, Makeup, Olay, P&G Beauty, Trends, Vidal SassoonThe first red carpet event of the year is happening tonight at 9PM EST. Hosted by the 2 Broke Girls starlets Beth Behrs and Kat Dennings (I'm a fan of Max lol), the People's Choice Awards has a star studded guest lists, which would mean that there will be some major beauty moment on the red carpet.
|image courtesy of http://blog.peopleschoice.com/|
Celebrity Makeup Artist Amy Nadine forecasted that will be 3 major makeup trends:
1. The Metallic Sparkle SmudgeAs Amy puts it, this is a reverse sparkly smoky eyes, so all the drama happens on the lashline and add the shimmer eyeshadows on top. This look is simple to do too and she suggested to use the following COVERGIRL products:
|T to B: COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara, Flamed Out Shadow Pots in Molton Black (shown here, or try Melted Gold), Ink It! in Black Ink (shown here, or Liquidline Blast Eyeliner in Black Fire or Brown Blaze)|
2. Glowing GoddessGlowing skin is in again! She said to watch out for "highlighted cheekbones, creamy skin and luminous décolletage, shoulders, arms and legs". She also suggested to use cream-based products to achieve natural looking glow and mattify T-zone separately. Try these products:
|L to R: COVERGIRL Clean Glow Bronzer in Spice, Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream, Gillette Venus Embrace razor, Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture! Satin Finish Lotion|
3. The Perfected PoutWho doesn't love a red lip, and we know for sure we're going to see some again this year. But Amy said it's going to be more glossy rather than matte. To get the perfected pout, these may be great ones to try (I love the Crest 3D Whitestrips!)
|T to B: Crest 3D White Whitestrips Advance Seal 1-Hour Express, COVERGIRL LipPerfection in Hot & LipPerfection Lip Liner in Passion|
Celebrity Hairstylist Kylee Heath also predicted 3 trends on this red carpet:
1. Sleek Meets SoftKylee said that there will be "a lot of contrast in texture" this season, and hair styles are going to reflect this. We could see something like a "hard side part with a messy undone texture" or a "sleek middle part into a messy pony or bun".
2. The "Accidental Blend"Somewhere between a curl and a wave, this will bring an edgey vibe to the red carpet and spice up the gown. To get this look, you'll definitely need a heat protectant like this one
3. Breathtakingly BangBangs are back, and they could be "short & choppy or short & swopped". Kylee said that bangs adds a softer look or an edgier vibe to the look, depending on the style.
To style the above 3 looks, Kylee recommended these Vidal Sassoon products:
|L to R: Vidal Sassoon Flexible Hold Hairspray & Repair Heat & Protect Shine Spray|
There are so many fun trends, I wonder which will prevail. What do you think?
Also, thanks to the lovely people at P&G, I'm sneaking in a #RedCarpetGlam box giveaway that has these great prizes:
- Olay Fresh Effects Satin Finish Lotion
- Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream
- COVERGIRL Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices
- Gillette Venus Embrace Sensitive
- COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Passion
- COVERGIRL LipPerfection in Hot
- Crest 3D White Whitestrips Advance Seal 1-Hour Express (1 sachet)
- Vidal Sassoon’s Flexible Hold Hairspray
- Vidal Sassoon Repair Heat & Protect Shine Spray
- Aldo Accessories gift card
To enter, simply follow @eeenricaaa on Twitter and tweet at the handle using these hashtags #RedCarpetGlam and #beautyunited, and let me know one of the following, just insert your answer. You can enter up to 3 times (i.e. tweet all of them with your answer):
I think (INSERT CELEBRITY NAME) have the best red carpet look on People's Choice Awards @eeenricaaa #RedCarpetGlam #BeautyUnited http://goo.gl/zUqqc0Option 2:
I think (INSERT CELEBRITY NAME) Have the best red carpet look on People's Choice Awards @eeenricaaa #RedCarpetGlam http://goo.gl/zUqqc0Option 3:
I am most excited to try the (INSERT PRODUCT NAME) in the #RedCarpetGlam box @eeenricaaa #RedCarpetGlam #BeautyUnited http://goo.gl/zUqqc0
Make sure to include my twitter handle and the hashtags to enter so I can confirm your entry. This giveaway is opened for till January 16 11:59PM EST.
Until next time,
Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Some products mentioned in this post were provided to The Office Chic for review consideration. As always, all the opinions expressed here are my own and are in no way influenced by any advertiser, affiliate, public relations firm or brands.